- About UsWho We Are
- Our ServicesHow can we help?
- Counselling/ Therapy Services
- Family/whānau Focused Services
- Public Programmes
- Professional Supervision & Training
- Workplace Mediation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- ResourcesUseful tips/Articles
- Relationships At Work
- Personal & Individuals
- Separation & Divorce
- Relationships in Later Life
- Advice for new migrants
- News & EventsWhat’s new?
- Contact UsGet in touch
Starting a new relationshipSupport Us
A new relationship can be wonderful and scary all at the same time. It can raise some serious challenges and questions.
- What are your expectations for this relationship?
- Do you and your partner agree about these expectations?
- What assumptions do you each have about how relationships work, how to treat each other, and what behaviour is acceptable?
- Do you have a way to sort out your differences that works for you both?
The articles in this section address some of the issues that you may face as you form a new relationship.
How ready are you for a commited relationship? Use this checklist to explore whether you – and your relationship – are ready for a long term commitment